The last quarter of the year is the busiest one. Patients are racing to use up their insurance and you’re trying to juggle appointments. You also have to conduct business management tasks while dealing with the holidays. Still, you mustn’t forget those important year-end reports. So, how can you get ahead of this stress? Start early and plan ahead.
5 End-of Year Reports for Your Dentistry Practice
Set yourself up for success by pulling the reports that will streamline your practice. This will make you more profitable and help simplify your life. Here’s what you can start looking at in early Q4:
- Unscheduled Treatment: Pull all unscheduled treatments and let your patients be aware of available appointment slots they can schedule before the year ends. Not only does it help your patients use up their current insurance, but also puts more money in your pocket.
- Active Patients: Pull an active patient report, and scrub the list to clean up your patient data. This will ensure you don’t have incorrect data in your patient database.
- Fee Adjustment: Decide which procedures are going to increase in price in the new year. Follow up with both patients and insurance providers to inform them of the change. This will likely increase your appointments and insurance collection before December 31st.
- Patient Credit Reports: Check to see if you still owe money to any patients or insurance companies. Are there any refunds that you are not able to reimburse? A patient credit report will help you prepare early to make the money available.
- Holiday Schedule: Prepare ahead of the holidays by pulling a schedule. Find out who wants to be out when, and whether you want to shut down the office during a short period.
Make Your Dental Office Manager’s Job Easier
It’s likely that your office manager will be pulling all these reports for you. Make it easier on them by keeping all records up to date, keeping them in the know on all operations, and using the right technology to record all your data.
We recommend looking into cloud-based software to support many office tasks. An effective practice management software will help you produce actionable reports. Start now to research better tools for the new year. This way, you can complete your due diligence early, and begin realizing the cost-savings and efficiency upgrade benefits early in 2023.