This Thanksgiving, we here at Curve thought…”we need to thank the staff.” Which made us think, “we bet dentists and practice owners probably want to do the same.” We all know that our staff works hard for us day in and day out. Many times that hard work goes unnoticed. But no practice can work with just a single dentist and no one else. So, we came up with some ideas that you can quickly use to show your appreciation.
Ideas to Show Appreciation for Your Dental Staff
- Just say it; say “thanks". - Whether it’s in person, on a call, sent with an e-card (and even better sent with a gift card), or a physical card in the mail, sometimes the smallest things can put a smile on a person’s face.
- Make a charitable donation. - These days people are really feeling the struggles that are happening all around. What is your staff’s favorite charity? Childrens’ hospitals, animal shelters, veterans' programs? You probably have a feel for what that is, and making a donation in your staff’s name can make a bigger impact than you think.
- Express gratitude publicly. - Something as simple as going onto your social media and recognizing your staff can mean more than you know. Publicly showing awareness that you truly care about and appreciate them will give them that warm, fuzzy feeling that we all love.
- Swag - Although it may seem cheesy to give your company swag to your employees, if it’s a quality item, it can do the trick. A decent hoodie for the cold weather, branded Crocs (you know their feet hurt!), new scrubs, etc. A little gift can go a long way.
- Bonus - Let’s be real, money speaks. It may be the time of year to hand out bonuses to show your appreciation. If you can find it in your budget, we suggest… DO IT.
Not everyone has the resources to make big gestures, and that’s fine. Like we mentioned above, a good ol’ thank you or a public acknowledgement can make your staff feel special.
It’s the time to give thanks. Thanks for all your blessings. And thanks to your staff.