The hiring scales have tipped in favor of the employee. Record low unemployment and tough competition for workers mean today’s employees know they have many options for where they work. The dental practices that can create the best employee experience for their staff will win.
But in an already demanding profession compounded by the effects of treating patients in a pandemic, it can be hard to reduce stress in the workplace.
Read on for strategies from the experts to reduce stress and foster a positive work culture, retain staff and help your business succeed.
Ways to Cope With Stress
- Create systems that show you value your staff’s time. This means eliminating repetitive tasks like manual data entry when you could replace paper forms and records with a modern, digital solution.
- Give employees the tools they need to do their jobs with excellence. Often, this means modernizing your technology and adopting software with an easy-to-use, intuitive interface that enables employees to work more efficiently.
- Show up for your team and make them feel heard. As a business leader, your soft skills are just as important as your ability to treat patients. Recognize that your employees are people with real lives and need grace and support to manage their responsibilities outside work, too. (Hint: A cloud-based solution that allows staff to work from home when needed is a great first step.)
- Start each day with a morning huddle designed to align and motivate. See how Kelly Lynch, an experienced office manager and practice growth specialist, recommends structuring your morning huddle for maximum effectiveness.
- Be aware of the signs of burnout and create mitigation strategies. View solutions to reduce burnout for your staff from DentistryIQ.
- Remember to take time for yourself. One person’s stress - especially if that person is a leader - can reverberate across a team. You deserve to take a vacation, or even just a few minutes for a stroll around the block. View calming techniques from a dental stress expert.
Technology's Power to Improve Our Working Lives
According to DentalPost, today’s employees expect to have the tools they need to streamline their workflow and rid their schedules of administrative burden.
“Tedious, repetitive tasks with little visible added value can lower team morale,” reports DentalPost. “The technology era is upon us, and dental workers deserve to reap the benefits.”
Does your practice’s technology reduce stress or exacerbate the problem?
Consider how Curve SuperHero™ can eliminate headaches associated with traditional server-based practice management software:
- All-in-one software means your team only has to learn and manage ONE service. You can lose the burden of all the other services you use for imaging, billing, patient communication and more.
- True cloud-based software means your staff to work from anywhere, including home, just like they’re in the office. This improves their work-life balance.
- Automatic patient communication eliminates scheduling frustrations for your staff.
- Our platform is easy to use and learn for your team. Our expert trainers help your employees get up to speed quickly so they’re empowered to use Curve software effectively.
- 24/7 customer support means we have your employees’ backs. We’re only a phone call away if they get stuck.
Ready to reduce your staff’s stress? Let’s get started. Schedule a demo now to see how we can help.